Thursday, October 18, 2012

Hello and welcome!

Hello to all and welcome to another year at H & M!  I mean...Hurtado de Mendoza ;) As most of you know, my name is Emily and I am the Bilingual English Assistant for this academic year.  I'm very happy to be here and I want to thank you all for being so welcoming and friendly.  I'm looking forward to working with each and every one of you, although unfortunately I am only here on Wednesdays and Thursdays.  This is because I am working at Francisco Ayala on Mondays and Tuesdays.

A little bit about me: I'm 23 years old and from West Des Moines, Iowa (about 6 hours west of Chicago).  I studied Spanish for four years in Iowa City at the University of Iowa and in May 2011 I graduated with a degree in Spanish and a desire to live in Spain.  Thus, I applied for the Language Assistant program in Andalucia and last year I got placed to work in Uleila del Campo, Almería.  Uleila is a small town of 1,000 people, north of Tabernas in the desert mountains.  I lived in Almería capital, in El Zapillo and commuted every day.  It was a good experience but I am happy to be back in Granada!  I studied abroad in Granada three years ago in the fall of 2009 and studied Spanish at the Center for Modern Languages.  I loved every minute of it and took full advantage of my short three month stay.

I am here to help you along your journey of learning English and to share as much knowledge with you as possible, so ask ask ask! Until the next post,

Emily

No comments: